Situated on the eastern side of Etosha, bordering Fisher's Pan, Onguma Game Reserve is one of Namibia's best kept secrets! Here you will be afforded the opportunity of experiencing Africa in all her beauty and diversity. Onguma Game Reserve has more than 34,000 hectares of protected land and wildlife.
Our nature reserve boasts over thirty different animal species consisting of plains game including kudu, giraffe, eland, oryx, hartebeest, zebra, impala and many more roam freely as well as predators such as lion, cheetah, leopard, being common residents of the area.
The latest addition to the already abundant wildlife at Onguma Game Reserve is a family of black rhinos! More than 300 bird species can also be viewed at Onguma Game Reserve. During the Namibian summer months the nature reserve becomes a bird-watcher's paradise with thousands of species migrating to the wetlands created by the seasonal rains and ephemeral river systems.
Accommodation consists of:
- Camping sites for those of you with your own camping equipment who really want to get close to nature.
- Bush Camp for the medium budget traveller, with bungalows and rooms, perfect for the family.
- Tented Camp for the more exclusive safari experience, in exquisitely styled tent.
- Tree Top Camp for an intimate wildlife experience.
- The Fort for breathtaking sunsets over Etosha Pan.
- Etosha Aoba for a traditional bush lodge experience.
Guests can enjoy game drives on Onguma Game Reserve. Alternatively, guests can also participate in a nature drive into Etosha National Park where you will be afforded the opportunity of viewing various game in the largest national park in Namibia.
Various waterholes in and around Etosha ensure fantastic photographic opportunities and the thrill of seeing some of the largest mammals in the world. A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step; take that step at Onguma Safari Camps.