INTERPRETIVE BUSH WALKS
Africa takes on a new perspective when you experience it on foot as the first explorers did. A bush walk is a unique physical, mental and spiritual adventure through nature. Experience the sights, smells and sounds of the Namibian bush by conducting an early morning leisurely walk accompanied by one of our experienced armed rangers.
Our interpretive walks will bring you closer to nature by exposing you to the intimate detail of our surroundings.
It is a chance to exist for a period of time in the original, primitive atmosphere of the wilderness; to watch from a respectful distance the intimate lives of wild animals of the African bushveld.
HOW IT WORKS
- Guests depart the lodge at around 6 am on this interactive activity conducted by one of our experienced rangers.
- The rangers begin each walking safari with an all-inclusive briefing on how to behave when encountering animals on foot as they are frequently sighted on these safaris.
- Learn about game trails and spoor identification, insects, birds and small mammals
Interact with the diverse vegetation that sustains the life around us.
- Duration approximately 2 ½ hours
It is not strenuous, but a basic level of health and walking ability is required
- Minimum 2 people
- Maximum 6 people
- No children under 16 years
- Drinks are provided during the walk
- Costs – refer to the rates page
- This activity is offered from all five of the Onguma Reserve Camps and can be booked in advance when making your accommodation booking. Interpretive Bush Walks can also be booked directly at the lodge, but advanced booking is recommended to avoid disappointment.